Tags: arizona, attorney, contract, employment, entry, extra, job, labor, law, lawyer, legal, pay, pays, plus
AZ contract job data entry question Arizona
I am/was doing a data entry contract job and the job pays per entry plus every pay for the first 6 pays you got an extra pay. I didn't get those till my 4th pay and then only recieved 2. when I have asked about it they stated the reason was I didn't finish something which is bull I have all my paper work proving everything was done with a signature of the office person on every paper... I know in NY what I would do... but here in AZ I have no clue how things work in regards to labor laws... can someone tell me how to find out..
Leave a comment...
- 7 Comments
- when I didn't get it and after a week of them making excuse after excuse.. I quit... have a box of mail that I am not doing and will drop off when I am up in that area....#1; Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:17:00 GMT
- Okay, so there was some sort of incentive pay promised for the first six pay periods, but you only got the incentive pay for two pay periods.
So long as you were paid at least minimum wage for all hours worked in each work week, no labor law has been violated. Maybe there was a contractual obligation for the employer to pay the incentive, but you won't get help from the Federal or State Department of Labor for that.
Feel free to contact an employment law and/or contract attorney. I doubt you will get any help.#2; Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:52:00 GMT
- I think you also overestimate the extent to which the contracting companies care how the places they contract with pay or motivate their employees.
Assuming they did care and your plan did work, you are looking at a great case for tortious interference.
Quit if you must, move on, but lose the grudge. It just does you no good and life is too short.#3; Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:52:00 GMT
- I think what I will do is contact the companies they get the work from and let them know what is going on ... so they go to another company to process their rebates and this one can go under..
That's an excellent way to get (legally) fired.#4; Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:46:00 GMT
- Extra pay for what?#5; Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:38:00 GMT
- got paid 10 cents per entry... depending on the rebate and what company it was from it is not worth it... so with out the extra pay they say they will give alot of people would not do it... that is why everyone quits after the first few days or week..... but now they are making up excuses on reasons they don't have to pay it to you... there are others that are having the same problem...
I think what I will do is contact the companies they get the work from and let them know what is going on ... so they go to another company to process their rebates and this one can go under..#6; Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:19:00 GMT
- so that people would stay working for them ... they can't keep employees to do their data entry at little pay...#7; Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:47:00 GMT