Tags: attorney, benefitshelp, boss, employment, florida, goquot, involuntary, labor, law, lawyer, legal, quotwe, resignation, story, unemployment
Involuntary Resignation - Unemployment benefits...help please! Florida
This is the story, I was let go by my boss, he just said "we have to let you go" he had no other reason, and I asked if there was any specific reason and he said no, that was very shocking as i didn't do anything! he gave me an option, you can also resign so you can get paid for the next week (i was let go on sunday and the pay period was over the next week) i said ohh that can be an option, but I didn't sign or gave him a resignation letter, this is a big company so I was waiting on Monday for HR to call me for an exit interview I was told not to resign so I didn't, they never call me and I never sign nothing as a resignation letter but they paid me that week, now that I file for unemployment benefits they said that I quit voluntary!
what can I do?? I have my phone interview tomorrow what should I tell them??
PS this is Florida
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- When you do your phone interview, tell them what you put in your post above. They will then decide if it was a termination by the employer or voluntary quit. There is no way I can know what they will decide & if you will receive benefits. Once again, good luck.#1; Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:59:00 GMT
- Just tell them the truth during the interview. Good luck.#2; Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:30:00 GMT
- I agree with Pattymd... i hope you'll still recieve the benefits even though it will be delayed because of course, they will count the pay you recieved at the first place...#3; Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:48:00 GMT
- yes I will tell the truth but can I loose my benefits because I received that pay?? without resigning?#4; Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:36:00 GMT
- If they do decide you can receive benefits, they may be delayed due to the additional pay.
Horse out of the barn now, but in the long run, the additional week of pay might not have been worth it.#5; Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:57:00 GMT