Tags: attorney, constantly, contractor, employer, employment, fails, failure, independent, labor, law, lawyer, legal, meet, pay, payroll, scheduled, state, virginabri

Failure to pay

On Lawyer & Legal » Employment & Labor Law

707 words with 2 Comments; publish: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:56:00 GMT; (80062.50, « »)

The state is: Virgina

I am an independent contractor and my employer constantly fails to meet payroll as scheduled. There is always an excuse as to why we haven't received our money and the money is usually delayed between 1 and 5 days. Is there any formal complaint process available? This is a minority owned small business.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

    • What does "minority owned small business" have to dfo with your problem?
      #1; Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:36:00 GMT
    • If you are truly an IC and not a misclassified employee, your recourse is through small claims court (or civil court if the amount owed is too large for small claims).

      If you are misclassifed as an IC and should be listed as an employee, then you can try the state DOL.

      #2; Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:09:00 GMT