Tags: attorney, br11, card, due, employer, employment, fact, filled, floridabra, labor, law, lawyer, legal, owed, paid, state, time

Employer Has Not Paid Whats Owed

On Lawyer & Legal » Employment & Labor Law

1,038 words with 3 Comments; publish: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:23:00 GMT; (80046.88, « »)

The state is: Florida

A time card and W4 was never filled out due to the fact it was never given to me.

11 1/2 hours were worked. I quit via phone. I have attempted to contact her 4 times (once by email, by US mail, by phone and in person) as to how she intends to pay me. I have gotten no reply. What recourse do I have? Can I take her to small claims court or threaten to report her to IRS/ labor relations?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

    • If you don't get paid, you can put in a claim with Fl. Agcy. for Workforce Innovation though they normally turn claims over to the US DOL. Fl. has no actual DOL. Your other option would be to sue in small claims court.
      #1; Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:33:00 GMT
    • Thanks so much for the advice. I will do it!
      #2; Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:01:00 GMT
    • If you want to pursue the quickest way to get paid, then send the owner one more letter stating if you are not paid immediately, you will file a complaint with the Department of Labor. If you still aren't paid, then by all means contact Florida's Agency for Workforce Innovation and follow through. Their phone number is (85 ) 921-3367.
      #3; Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:51:00 GMT